Here we are smack dab in the middle of autumn, Halloween just days away (along with a hurricane), and I have finished a very spring-y quilt. Notice it is hanging on a tree devoid of leaves. They are calmly waiting for me or the wind to move them.
This is Lynne’s quilt. She won a basket of quilting supplies in a raffle and she doesn’t quilt. Also in the basket were these bright fabrics from a Micheal Miller line, all samples and of various sizes. So I offered to make her a quilt from them. Actually… I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them they are so pretty!
I had to be careful taking the pix because the birds are eating all the crabapples off the tree and I certainly don’t want bird poop on the quilt.
The back of the quilt uses the remainder of the sample fabrics that didn’t work on the front. (I used every piece of that bright fabric). I added the white and blue solids to the mix.
My biggest challenge was quilting with white thread on the top and blue in the bobbin and trying not to get blue “spots” on the top. (showing bobbin thread on the top). I also put one bobbin in upside down and had a brutal thread tension mess. I had to carefully pull out a whole row of quilting because of course I didn’t notice until I had rolled the quilt. That was very annoying. But it’s all better. I washed it once (and ironed it) to make sure it didn’t fall apart!
It’s all good, I like it, and it will soon be with Lynne … along with the rest of the contents of her quilting basket that I didn’t pilfer.