That would be the comfy office chair that sits me in front of my sewing machine!
While you’ve been reading about the antique quilt I have actually been doing some sewing in the background. I finished 2, count ’em, 2 quilts this week and it’s only Tuesday! Off to a great start. They are 2 lap sized quilts for each of my guilds’ charity projects. One will go to the Project Linus and one to David’s House. Here’s one…
No smiles on cue today.You’re lucky I didn’t post the one of her having a big cough.
And here is the other quilt, a more traditional style, and the model in her glory again.
Looks lovely next to her blue flannel sheets. BTW, these quilts are made of flannels. Some I had as left-overs from backs of other quilts and some from donated fabric. The backs of these are not flannel. I quilted them myself, which is a whole ‘nuther story. (I had some thread difficulty. I know, don’t blame it on the thread.) The bindings are flannel. I used a single fold binding method which I have never done for a quilt. I wanted to this time because the flannel is so thick. So that was, er, diferent. Anyways, they are pretty and soft and warm and perfect for those deserving kids.