I looked around online for an easy eyeglasses case to make with scraps. Tried a few things and then came up with this that I really like. Sharing time! Here is a free tutorial so you can make your own…
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY PEASY EYEGLASSES CASE
1.Cut 2 fabrics (outer and lining) and one piece of batting (I like warm and white cotton) to 5.5″ x 7″. Make it 6″x7″ for sunglasses or large frames. If you have very small glasses, cut it 5″x6″. It should be tight enough so the glasses don’t easily fall out.
2. Layer them like a quilt and match the edges: lining face down, batting, and outer facing up.
4. Move the lining to the top so that the right sides of the fabrics are facing each other.
5. Tip: cut the bottom corners off the batting. This will make the piece easier to turn out and to sew over.
7. Turn right side out, batting should stay inside. Carefully push out the curves and the corners.
8. Press flat and press in the seam allowance on the open space.
9. Quilt as desired. Simple diagonal lines work well. Or, don’t quilt it at all!
11. Using your machine’s walking foot and a decorative stitch, start at the top middle of the back and sew around the edge toward the joining of the front and back. Be careful to catch the folded over right edge and don’t let it scrunch up under the presser foot. Continue sewing all layers together and go around the bottom right corner and then the bottom of the case, closing the open space. Sew off the left folded egde and you are done. Easy peasy!